Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What is life?


          "Then he caused me to find myself in water. It was rather slimy as with plantane, and such primitive vegetation. I found a muddy surface below my feet and started to climb out. I heard in my head the words, “primaeval swamp.” As I waded out on to a muddy shore I saw a bright round light in the sky like a white sun. It was approaching and I heard the word, “watch”. It descended and enveloped the whole of the surface of land. It spread out and I saw how it enveloped the whole round earth with its’ own larger circular white light. A halo round the earth’s surface. At first I could not understand what I had seen but I heard, “Think about it.”
          Later I did and I understood that at the very beginning earth had received not only a biological llfe but also a soul, (or spirit?). That everything is indwelt and surrounded by soul, of the nature of God’s light. Its’ life is therefore essentially indestructible. I don’t know if I mean soul or spirit here. I saw the earthly part of it crumble and fall away, but the life-forms of earth taken up and transfigured in the circular light. This rose up and moved away with all that had lived on earth safely contained in it. The earthly parts were also attended to but I didn’t see how. It was like angels coming and collecting it up, but that was a vague peripheral impression."
         "A Spiritual Diary" 

No comments: